Sunday, September 12, 2010

Photos and other stuff

So, at my request, Keith posted two more photos of Cole from our photo shoot. Check out his blog to see the newer photos. Cole looks simply adorable.  Once Keith gives me copies of the photos, I will post a few others in the coming days. We even did a family portrait using a self timer. Even though none of them are worth framing, I'll still post one or two from that series as well.

Cole update: He's discovered that his voice has a higher octave and he has been using that ever since last night. He shrieks for no reason in particular and it's quite funny at times. Although, it's cute because it's obvious he's experimenting with his voice, it can get frustrating when he uses that same high octave to scream and cry from overtiredness or hunger.

Visitors: Also, Allison, Shawn and Junie came over last night for dinner and what is the one thing we forget to do? Take pictures, of course.

Pumping: Lately, I've been getting less milk than I'd like during my two pumps at work and it's making me nervous, especially since Cole is starting to eat more at day care. Note: he's not eating more often, just eating more during each feeding. I'm trying not to be anxious when I'm pumping and I'm also trying not to look at what is coming out, but that is next to impossible with my personality. Anyway, I've been drinking more cups of Mother's Milk and I'm making a concerted effort to pump on the weekends to replenish my frozen supply with milk that does not have antibiotics in it. Yesterday, we were out all day, so I did not get to pump. Today, however, I've already pumped twice - once after a feeding and another time during a long nap Cole took (well, still is taking.) If the tea does not help, I may take Fenugreek. It can't hurt!

2 comments:

  1. Saw the photos on Keith's blog and loved them! Keep up on the supply thing! I'm sorry to hear you have had an issue, but it is kind of to be expected with your return to work. And Zach squeals and screeches too. I love it.

    Okay, I'm working the ER right now, but I had to drop a line. Later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nearly impossible not to stress about how much milk you are getting. I think that was a major part of my problem. Ugh. Hope that your supplementing does the trick!!! Such cute pics of the little guy!

    ReplyDelete