Thursday, September 2, 2010

My first day

I'm sitting here nursing for the third time since we got home around 4:30 p.m. and I am more than OK with it.  I am enjoying it. I realized last night how much nursing relaxes both me AND Cole. And now that I don't get to spend all day with him, I appreciate our time together that much more.

In a nutshell, my first day was nice and welcoming, albeit disgustingly hot, sweaty and smelly. I showed Cole off with this mini album Keith made for us, pumped (I took a picture that I may post later), brought most of my 350 young adult books back into my classroom and was surprised to find two solid wood wide bookshelves in the back of the room. Score!

While picking Cole up from day care I was even more surprised to find out that guess what?! Tomorrow is a holiday for them. And to think I almost left my precious 8 ounces of breast milk in their fridge. Our solution is the only one that is possible - Keith will have to take the day or work from home if he's allowed. So tomorrow might be a little easier than today.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good day. It was probably harder for you than Cole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your first day back went ok!

    ReplyDelete