Friday, September 3, 2010

His First Day

My friend emailed me and was wondering why I didn't write about Cole's first day in last night's post. I would have written more last night but I was on about 3-4 hours sleep and I was typing with one hand. By 9 p.m., I was so tired, I fell asleep halfway sitting up in bed. Now I'm eating breakfast with a little bit more sleep  -thanks to Keith giving Cole a bottle at 9:30 - but not much. I am going to try to stay as hydrated as possible today and hopefully I can pump more than 8 oz, so that Keith can give him another bottle tonight. Yesterday after finishing my giant water bottle I looked around for some fresh water but the water coolers were no where to be found and since the water is very questionable at the school I work at (hence the need for the coolers) I held getting a bottle of water until I became so thirsty I was actually asking people to get me water.  Now I have two water bottles filled up and ready to go in the refrigerator.

So Cole's first day. When Keith dropped him off he was asleep. Keith took a picture of him and sent it to me a few hours later. I almost cried, he looked so cute.  He had a bottle shortly after waking up, napped a bit, fussed a bit and as the director said, "took it all in." When I called around noon, she said he hadn't smiled yet but he had stopped fussing and was just really taking in his surroundings. He also had three naps and three bottles. They didn't tell me exactly how much he drank though and that's something I have to request of them next week, so I know whether I should pump before and/or after work. When I got there around 4 to pick him up he was sitting in the lap of one of his teachers. This did not surprise me, as every time I try to put Cole "in" something he can only last about 10 minutes tops before he starts to fuss. Guess where he prefers to sit? You got it. Mommy's lap. The other baby was in the swing they had there. Because of the confusion about the following day being their day off, there were a lot of questions I meant to ask but didn't. So that's really all I know. They said he had a great first day and they said they'd be honest if he didn't, so I'm guessing he did. He seemed happy to be home after he was finished nursing and we were hanging out around 5.

Time for me to get ready. Cute detail of the day - daddy and baby are still sleeping in the bedroom!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you and Cole both did really well on his first day! I'm looking forward to reading more.
    I found your blog through the September Blog-a-Thon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that Cole had a good first day too! Makes it so much easier on mama!

    ReplyDelete