Tuesday, September 7, 2010

OK Opening Day

The REAL opening day was decent. I think my "exciting" lesson fell a bit flat and it probably didn't help that we had fire drills practically every single period. I feel like I talked too much and didn't hold the kids accountable as much - calling on the ones who didn't raise their hands would've made things much more interesting, but sometimes that too can be awkward because most kids don't care if all they have to say is "I don't know" even if there is no right or wrong answer. So you don't know? or you don't want to think? That is not only awkward, but also frustrating. But other than that things went smoothly.

On the home front Keith stayed home with Cole. They both have colds, verified by the doctor. Cole is OK for daycare - no fever and the cold is on its way out, although we have to be on the watch for an ear infection which usually proceeds a cold and can apparently can come just when he's starting to feel better. Thursday I have off and am to take him in for his second round of immunizations. He only got two shots for three vaccines last visit, so these are the two I wanted spaced out - Polio and the Pc vaccine.  When I got home  after work today, I nursed Cole right away - he was ravenous - and then I walked around with him a bit in the Beco Gemini. Keith discovered that if you don't tighten the sides too much Cole's head can peer over the front better. He's still secure in there, he just has more room and he hangs down lower.

2 comments: