Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Miss Pumps a Lot

My output so far this week:
13 oz Monday (2 cups of Mother's Milk tea did the trick! Either that or I was just full from a nursing marathon the 2 days prior)
8 oz Tuesday (stress)
9 oz today (not bad, since that is what Cole has at day care)

Because I did not nurse enough monday night, I started to develop a clogged duct. We now have a new routine that remedies that situation. I learned my lesson and will nurse instead of Keith giving a bottle - at least until I can replenish my frozen supply (only 5 bags left - two of which are at day care!!!). And if he gives a bottle I must remember to pump!

At work, I pump either in a storage closet or a little room off of the health office. It's not too bad, except that when I'm pumping in the storage closet, and the bell rings I hear EVERYONE. The students are right outside the door and I'm petrified someone's going to just open the door and everyone's going to see me in my pumping apparatus. I would be mortified. But I should not fear because I am the only one (besides a secretary) with the key to the closet. And she has no need to go in there and knows I pump in there.
Also, when I pump after school I hear the whispered conversations of teachers in the hallway. They have no idea I'm in that room. It's pretty amusing.

4 comments:

  1. Why am I envisioning Harry Potter's closet under the stairs, only with a breastpump???? I still think the closet thing is horible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they may - though - hear your pump. I've been told that folks can hear my pump in the hallway outside of my office if one listens closely. Whatever. My baby is getting the very best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allison-It is possible they hear it after school. The hallways are MUCH quieter when the teenagers vacate the building.
    Andrea- yes the closet is kind of nasty, but it's not terrible. Maybe if I remember I'll take a photo of it tomorrow and post it and you can stop envisioning Harry Potter's closet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't sound like a very nice place to pump but we have to do what we have to do! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete