Thursday, October 28, 2010

Water glasses

So we have a habit - Okay, I have a habit - of leaving half empty (or half-full - whichever way you want to look at it) glasses of water around the house. Call me crazy, but every time I feed the baby, I have this intense desire for water. So, either I get it myself before I breastfeed, or I ask Keith to get it for me. The problem with this is that I often don't finish this glass of water, and I soon forget about it for some reason or another - usually having to do with the baby. This would not be a problem if we didn't have cats in the house. Of course we left those glasses of water for them to drink, duh! Clem (and Kiwi by default because she must copy everything Clem does) is literally on top of that water as soon as it's set down. If there's enough water, she just sticks her entire head into it and laps it up. If there isn't, she reaches her paw into the glass and either scoops it into her mouth like a spoon or just licks her paw. Yeah, gross. I mean, just think of the places that paw has been.

Where does this leave me? After remembering that "oh yeah I left that glass of water on the coffee table an hour ago," I go in search of my drink. It never fails though. Every time I locate the glass, there is a puddle of water around it. And god forbid there is a magazine or an important paper document in the vicinity of that glass.  The sad part of all of this is that I still don't learn to not leave water glasses alone on a table she can reach. And she doesn't learn, even though I screech at her every time I catch her, to drink from her own water bowl.

As a result of this bad habit, we have to wash far more water glasses than should be necessary in any house with two adults.

Just thought I'd share.

1 comment:

  1. I have this habit too! Our cat actually has a designated water class we leave on an end table in the living room. Thankfully he seems to know that's his and doesn't bother with the other one's I leave laying around!!

    ReplyDelete