Sunday, October 10, 2010

Relief

As much as I hated giving Cole formula as a supplement it has come as somewhat as a relief. I no longer have to stress at work if I am pumping enough milk. That is a huge weight off my shoulders. I can enjoy the time I spend out of my day getting milk for my baby and not spend so much time pumping that I am killing my nipples. Sometimes I would pump for 30 minutes straight just to get every last drop and that did a number on them. Now I take about 15-20 minutes and I stop. I don't kill myself and it doesn't take the entire period anymore (a period =41 minutes). The day care gives him formula if there is no more breast milk and we give him formula at night. So he will definitely be getting it at least once a day. But so far, I've been keeping on top of production. I'm sure there will be days where I fall short and that's what the formula is there for. I feel relieved and I feel like I can relax more. That is so important. I want to enjoy the time I have with my baby not worry about pumping more at night if I couldn't pump enough during the day.

1 comment:

  1. as hard as this was for you, I think you you made the right choice for you and for Cole. He is still getting plenty of breast milk and that's what matters.

    ReplyDelete