Thursday, October 28, 2010

Television

Before Cole, I watched tons of it. Bed rest and television were a match made in heaven. It's what Keith and I did together during all of those months when I was, literally, rooted to the couch.
After Cole was born, maybe a little here and there. I wasn't working, so I had no external worries, like grading. Working full-time (and commuting an hour each way) with a 5-month old baby: Nada. We watch so little television (read: none at all) that we had the same Netflix movie for 2 months. Finally, a few weeks ago, one of us had the genius idea to cancel Netflix and to return the damn movie! We probably paid at least 20 bucks for it and we never even got to enjoy it.  If we are blessed with free time in the future we certainly aren't going to spend it sitting in front of the television - not when I have papers to grade and Keith has photos to edit. Not that I am saying there is anything wrong with television. I like television, but television doesn't pay the bills. Teaching and photography do.

(This post was inspired in part by Heather's facebook post about not watching the show "Glee.")

On the essay front: I have 30 essays graded. But I stupidly assigned another project due this week, and now I have double the work to read. I am kicking myself for not checking a calendar first!

No comments:

Post a Comment