Sunday, October 10, 2010

Updates

Cole just laid down for a nap and Keith just left for a wedding. So I have to make this quick, because there's lots to do with this time (plan what I'm going to teach next week, for instance!) I never know how long he's going to stay down for. On Friday he only took one 40 minute nap the entire day at day care. They tried to get him to sleep, but to no avail. His nose is so stuffed that I think it wakes him up a lot. That and his hands. Oh, his hands. But that's another post entirely.

Updates on Cole

1. He rolls around onto his belly now. He's figured out how to maneuver over his arm and then get his arm out from under him. He does amazing push ups and can really scoot around on his belly. This is a picture of him doing just that.
2. He's getting close to sitting up. He can hold himself up with his hand but still falls over without it. He sits well in the boppy, even though he complains a lot. We got him a Bumbo chair, and that helps him too.
3. We bought him a jumparoo off craigslist. It turns out it was the same woman we bought a bunch of used clothes from. She has a 10-month old son. I wanted to say to her - OK so next thing you want to sell - just email us directly - save us all the hassle! But I didn't because I think we have most of what we need right now. So he LOVES the jumparoo. He squeals with delight. But definitely gets stimulated quickly, so he doesn't last as long as he does in the Baby Einstein.
4. Which brings me to the Baby Einstein. His favorite thing ever. When I put him on the floor next to the Einstein he will sometimes just turn his head and gawk at the Baby Einstein and I know that's my cue to put him in it.
5. I think his cold, like mine and like Keith's, has progressed into a sinus infection. I just started antibiotics yesterday and I hope they have a positive affect on him as well.  I've been doing saline sprays and the nasal aspirator as much as possible, but he needs to cough it up and that's hard to get a baby to do. The more saline sprays the better.
6. Yesterday he went on his fourth hike. Yesterday was Spontaneous Saturday. What started out as a quick outing to get my medicine turned into an almost whole day affair. First breakfast then moving sale then donuts at Saunderskill then hike at Peter's Kill. We stuck to the OTHER side of the mountain. We knew if we ventured into New Paltz it would have been a traffic nightmare with this being the HEIGHT of the leaf-peeping season. I do, however, need to get down there today. Please pray for a quick entry and exit.
7. Cole tried his first formula, and is able to switch back and forth between that and breastmilk no problem.
8. He's also been eating rice cereal as an afternoon and before bedtime snack.
9. He's beginning to take food from my hands and from our plates. He marvels at glasses of water and cans of ginger ale. He's definitely starting to take an interest in adult food (for lack of a better adjective phrase).
10. He notices the cats regularly and strives to touch them. As soon as he touches them, they run away or move to the other side of wherever he is (bed, couch, window, floor).

I will be posting more pics of the blessing momentarily

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy to hear that Cole is taking the formula well and having no problems going back and forth with the breastmilk!

    Kale and Cole are like internet twins - their development is so much alike!

    ReplyDelete