Thursday, November 1, 2012

Currently

This post is dedicated to Cole, whose currentlys I have not been writing because I can never get past my own!

Loving the "Tick or Teat" aspect of Halloween. When he made the connection that he could get some yummy treats placed into his blue Halloween pumpkin basket he was all "oh man this awesome!" We're limiting him to one treat a day and he's not loving that so much.

Looking for the reason why the inside of a pumpkin is so gooey. We saw a segment on a tv show that explained briefly how to carve a pumpkin. From then on he wanted to know why it was gooey inside. We've answered him in every which way and so have a few obliging friends, but to no avail. He's still looking for the answer.

Cooking up ways to get Kiwi and Clem to stay put so he can catch them long enough to pet them. He's even cornered them in their feeding area, but they refused to come out from behind the gate.

Catching up with old friends. Tuesday afternoon we visited Amy and Ellie. Cole had fun playing and being a general bad influence on Ellie (screaming, standing in his chair during snack time, dipping the paintbrush in every color instead of the water...)

Missing his Mama still, but letting go of his anger. For a while Cole was getting really mad that I had to go to work. He was yelling at me when I would get home, trying to shut me out of dinner, refusing to hug me. It was downright upsetting. Finally, I turned to my mommy support group on Facebook because nothing I was saying to him was helping. The advice- a date night. So we took one last week. He loved it. We ate dinner at Mother Earth and then played with trains at Barnes and Noble. And then this weekend he got an extra two days with me due to the hurricane (more on that in another post). I think this helped a lot. Last night when he was asking why I wasn't going to go to storytime with he and Dada he didn't get upset at my response, although he did have a sad face.

Two of the pictures below are from our date night and the other is a pic of Cole and Ellie helping Amy carry a fallen branch to the rear of her property.

No comments:

Post a Comment