Friday, November 9, 2012

Only 11 more weeks...

I can't believe I've
A) made it to 29 weeks
and
B) made it to the end of the first marking period

And still VERTICAL!

So how am I feeling? I feel fine except for the fact that I still have contractions and the side effects from the medicine still suck (although my body is starting to get used to it). Guess what though? Those contractions are not changing my cervix even as I continue to work full time just like they didn't change my cervix when I was on STRICT bed rest.
My high risk doctor assures me everything is stable and I don't need bed rest right now. Those contractions aren't doing a darn thing. Just being a royal pain in the ass is all.

The baby moves and kicks like crazy. She dances on my cervix and pounds my belly when I'm laying down or sitting up. She has hiccups and swims around every night I put Cole to sleep. He tends to twitch every time she kicks and it makes me wonder if he can feel her even as he sleeps.

I love feeling her move. Cole loves resting his head in my belly. I love knowing that in 11 short weeks she'll be in my arms. Cole feels the same way. Cole will be a big brother and Dada and I will have a daughter. A daughter. Which is making you wonder - name? We've made a decision though to not share the name we like until after she is born. Cole doesn't even know it. Hopefully the suspense won't kill you. As for him, he doesn't care. She's just "Baby" to him.

I'm hungrier than ever and have gained a good amount of weight- 26 pounds- not one pound of which do I feel ashamed of. I still look thin since my weight gain tends to go in my thighs and butt and, since I am skinny to begin with, it's not really noticeable. Basically, I look like regular old me with a little belly. Yeah that's right. It's still little. I am 7 months pregnant, and I just don't look it. My belly is small but my daughter's weight gain is right on par with my pregnancy. So again -NOT worried. (Although there is an Ob at my practice who was worried, and I will tell you that I laughed in his face when he told me the bullshit statistic that the average pregnant woman gains 40 pounds yada yada yada. " Did you look at my PRE-PREGNANCY weight?!" I practically shouted at him. I weighed 115 pounds you yodel!!! So what if I gained 23 pounds (at the time). After another phone call last night in which he called to tell me my glucose was fine we discussed the weight (non) issue again. I told him it bothered me that he was so concerned especially considering how underweight I was to start with. He said he'd back off and retract his statement.

The only other thing that I feel a lot of is fatigue. Like any other pregnant working mother of a toddler it's natural to feel tired. It's only made worse when I can't sleep because of neck pain. I'm getting myself to the chiropractor pronto!

Below are two pics from recent ultrasounds which, because of my condition, I get every two weeks.
The first one is a 3D from 27 weeks and the second is a profile from this week (29 weeks).




2 comments:

  1. I can't believe I haven't read your blog in almost a week. I usually read it every other day or so

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you're 7 months pregnant!! This is craaaaaazy. I'm glad this pregnancy is going well for you (I'm sure you are too).

    ReplyDelete