Thursday, November 22, 2012

Currently - Our little family

HK





Dada is...
Hoping that everyone has a great Thanksgiving holiday and is able to spend quality time with their families.

Enjoying the time I get to spend with my son and watching him grow.

Inspired by...(see above)

Listening to him laughing, screaming and saying the darndest things.

Craving a mini vacation, maybe somewhere tropical. A simple date night will probably suffice.

Mama is...
Hoping for some answers next time I see my Ob /Gyn. For the past 8 weeks it seems like none of the doctors or midwives in the practice are on the same page. They act surprised when I fill them in on something ANOTHER DOCTOR from their practice did or said. It seems ridiculous to me that this is occurring. Either they are not keeping updated information in their computers, not inputting the information from my visits or they are coming into the exam room completely unprepared by not looking at my chart beforehand. I can't tell you how frustrating it is. It feels like it's bordering on incompetence and part of me just wants to switch back to the other practice.

Enjoying the fact that I have a nice long weekend ahead of me to spend with family.

Inspired by other moms, The Toddler Busy Book, and Teach Me to Do It Myself to come up with new ideas for purposeful play and fun arts and crafts with Cole. I especially love art using natural objects. Leaves, pinecones, and a pumpkin are what Cole has used so far.

Listening to the conversation between Cole and dada as Cole sits on the bathroom toilet. Mostly though it's Dada commenting on Cole's poop. "That's not a poop that's an appetizer."

Craving sugary cereal. This is my real weakness. I would take a bowl of fruit loops over a piece of cake any day. I'm trying though to stick with cereals that are not artificially colored. I know from recent personal experience how this can affect one's colon.

Cole is...
hoping... for a motorcycle, kitchen tongs of his own, Kiwi would just stop and let him pet her, Clem would play with the cat toys he found, he can hold a real baby real soon.

enjoying the weekends where he can wake up and Mama is there to give him his morning kiss.

inspired by others playing music. When he watched my father play a cover of a Stone Temple Pilots song, he said "I want a musical instrument!" Ditto for when he watched Aunt Stephanie play her acoustic.

listening to us "now." He's always listening to us "now" after we've taken away a toy he's been throwing on the floor or banging on the table or after we've declared he won't be getting the much desired ice pop because he's been ramming his ride-on fire engine into our feet. That's when he declares that he's listening. It's very cute when he says it, but it's not always as cute when he's not actually doing the listening.

craving the same stupid sugary cereal I am, plus his Halloween treats, icing on cupcakes and cookies, raspberries, bananas and hard boiled eggs.

Taken at Nassau County Park on Thanksgiving Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment