Sunday, November 11, 2012

Currently

Mama is...

anticipating lots of things - namely the contractions I seem to remember that hit me really hard during the middle of my time on bed rest. They were painful - never labor inducing - but sleep preventing because they hurt me so much. I remember having to take hot baths, hot showers, do weird yoga moves - anything to make the pain stop. I would be up half the night with these contractions and would sleep the morning away. Now I don't have that luxury because I'm not on bed rest. But I am already anticipating it so if it does strike me down and I can't function, it's one of those things that will probably put me over the edge - of bed rest.

ignoring the little voice inside my head that says that even though I went to my due date and beyond with Cole, anything is possible with this pregnancy, especially since I'm treating the contractions differently. Okay, so I'm not really ignoring it. I am hearing it. I think what I need to do is take it easy more on the weekends. We overdid it a bit today and I found myself feeling very drained and with lots of Braxton Hicks contractions.

needing the Thanksgiving vacation that is coming up. We have a day off tomorrow, but grades are due 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, so who are we kidding with this so-called day off.

thinking about my grandmother, my unborn baby, my family spread out in so many parts of the East Coast, wishing for that time we had back in August when we were all together. It was the first time in many years that my entire extended family was together. All of my cousins and my aunt and two uncles under one roof. We used to spend every holiday together growing up. It was never something I longed for because it was always expected. Then we grew up and life changed as it always does.

Cole is...

anticipating the snow. It snowed here earlier this week, but it was such a tease and melted by the next night. He wants to snowboard, ski and "ride the yift."

ignoring our directions in every way, shape, or form unless it includes the word ice pop, bike ride, or television show. I'm pretty sure I wrote about this same topic during the summer, so things haven't changed much in that department.

needing to pet the cats. It's like a mission in his life - he must pet the cats (mostly Kiwi, because she's the only one fool enough to stay within his reach) come hell or high-water every single day.

thinking about camping, the truck I didn't buy him three months ago, our campsite, Kale's campsite, the trailer, the tent, roasting marshmallows, going in the pool, our neighbor's cat, his lonely Strider bike, the list goes on and on. But you get the idea, right? He may be anticipating winter, but he still misses summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment