Sunday, November 11, 2012

3 Random Facts you Did Not Know

Clem
1. She drinks water from our water glasses when we are not in the room. We can always tell because there is always a puddle of water around the glass. I can't tell you how many books, papers, and phones have been ruined or almost ruined because of this annoying habit.

2. Every weekend morning she must jump from my side of the bed to the window where she makes a huge ruckus getting in between the double cell blinds and the window. Her body also forces the blinds to poke out and light to shine through, thereby totally ensuring I will not be able to sleep in like everyone else.

3. Whenever Cole goes to sleep she heads over to his toys and either just sits among them or actually plays with them.

Kiwi
1. She does not know how to cover her poop. She'll scratch and scratch and then when she leaves the area this smell finds its way into your nose and you check and sure enough there's a large pile of crap totally exposed in her litter box. Turns out she knows she's supposed to scratch but she's never made the connection as to why.

2. She copies her sister and drinks our water whenever we leave a glass of water exposed and alone for longer than 30 seconds. However, she is not as slick as her sister and often does it right in front of us.

3. She likes to sit on my office chair and sleep all day. She likes to scratch my office chair and climb to the top whenever Cole finds her.

Cole
1. When he sneezes he always sneezes 2-3 times in a row. Never just once. Dada does the same thing.

2. He loves to eat tomatoes directly off the plant. Now that our tomatoes are gone, when we go outside he usually asks "Where are the tomatoes?"

3. He likes to hide in closets. The cutest part about this is when he's hiding he's also giggling like a maniac. Then I pretend I have no idea where he is. This just makes him giggle more.

Mama
1. I wake up on 6 a.m. on the weekends despite my best intention to sleep.

2. I still write in the one sentence journal I started in February. I skip some nights out of fatigue, but I try every other night. I re-read some entries and they make me smile. Mission accomplished.

3. I need complete darkness to sleep, which is why I wake up at 6 a.m. on the weekends (see random facts about Clem to fully understand). This is also why I can hardly ever sleep in when we're camping.

Dada
1. He just made his first trip to the dentist in 15 years. And can I tell you? No major cavities. This guy is the luckiest when it comes to his teeth.

2. He was the first to come up with a foolproof way of bringing water into the bedroom at night that the cats couldn't drink. Water bottle. Too small of an opening for them to try to get into. Genius!

3. Seriously he's a jack of all trades. Keith can fix the brakes on his car, he can renovate our entire bathroom minus the tub, he can fix the shed doors 3 times over until they finally close right, and he can cook a mean pumpkin stew.

1 comment:

  1. Kale also always sneezes two or three times. It always makes me smile.
    And - I also wake up at 6am on weekends. But mostly because a certain someone wakes me up...... but last week when I was away at a conference and staying in a hotel, I was still up by 7am. I've always been a morning person, but 6am is pushing it a little even for me.

    ReplyDelete