Saturday, November 17, 2012

Currently

Mama is...
Reading Emily Giffin on audio (thank you fellow bloggers for gushing over her and consequently inspiring me to read her). Reading Where We Belong and loving it although there's a part of me that is really hoping it will turn into a romance very soon (which I think it will). I'm also about to read a boat load of literary analysis paragraphs and am really looking forward to them, especially considering my students are still struggling with the whole concept of "analysis."

Wishing I could have the energy to make my lunch at night so I don't have to scramble around the kitchen every morning trying to get it together as fast as possible.

Cooking nothing but lunches (in the a.m.). Dada makes the meals around here, except on Friday nights when Cole and I make pizza.

Thankful for next week's 2-day work week and thankful that I get this time off as opposed to having to dip into my own days off to be with my family.

Loving my new electric toothbrush but not loving the splatters it creates all over the bathroom mirror. Dada goes to the dentist for the first time in 15 years and suddenly he's got floss (something I've never seen him use) and a new electric toothbrush ordered from Amazon. Thankfully he was nice enough to share the toothbrush (came with two brushes) with me, so that I can reap the benefits too. Bad news? I still end up with a cavity even though I go to my dentist as often as I go to the Ob!! I sincerely hope that both our children end up inheriting his hard teeth. Because mine are way too soft and vulnerable to cavities.

Cole is...

Reading so many books, I can't pinpoint one he likes over any others. The other night we read The Lorax. Last night we read How Do Dinosaurs Play with Their Friends? I let him do the picking and if he stays interested, I know it's a book he likes.

Wishing for snow. Snowboarding and skiing season is right around the corner. You bet your bottom dollar he and Dada already have season passes to Belleayre- purchased way in advance this summer.

Cooking up ways to get Kiwi to come out from her hiding spot in the closet. Lately, he's been using a flashlight, but that just makes her cower more. He finally has realized the reason why she runs from him, "Because she's 'cared of me."

Thankful for all of his toys. I love when he goes into his toy/play room (which was and sometimes is our living room) and says, "Look at all these tuoys (that's how he pronounces it)."

Loving his new electric Spongebob toothbrush. I usually have to pry it from his mouth to show him that he actually needs to move it AROUND his mouth if he wants to get any brushing done.





No comments:

Post a Comment