Friday, November 30, 2012

Currently: Our little family Volume 2

Currently week of Nov 29

Mama is...
Watching Clem play with Cole's Melissa and Doug wooden beads as I sit here and eat my breakfast (I began this post Wednesday morning). In the morning it seems like the cats need constant supervision. If they're not making noises by rolling the toys across the floor, they're chewing the adhesive from the painters tape on Cole's art projects. This means I'm constantly trying to keep his projects stuck to the walls. My only wonder is - why don't they just play with Cole? They'd have so much fun if they just obliged when he throws a ball or gives them a treat? I wish they didn't run for the hills. On the other hand, I can't blame them. If an unpredictable person chased me around the house squealing with glee, I'd probably avoid him too.

Wishing it would be Christmas time already. Why? Because as I have told Cole, so he understands the timeline of our life, the baby comes just a few weeks after that.

Waiting for Cole to grow some more. He's been eating like the Cookie Monster and he's been out of sorts still when I get home from work. But Dada and I are working through it with Cole and trying our best to keep our patience. We're also feeding him well. We keep telling him that the way we get bigger (because he's always asking us how we got so big) is by eating ALL of our dinner.

Wondering if my nesting instincts are normal for this time in my pregnancy or if I'm going to give birth too early. I guess that could be classified as a worry as well.

Worrying about lots of things. But I don't want to sound like a broken record and I don't want to complain. So I'll just say that I'm anxious about my complicated pregnancy and all that it entails. I'm also thinking about the aftermath - being a mother of 2. Perhaps that's the biggest unknown of all. How will we all handle having a fourth person in our family?

Dada is...
Waiting for it to snow.
Watching the world go by, day by day.
Wishing I had a money tree.
Worrying about not getting enough work done for my business.
Wondering when it's going to snow?

Cole is...
Waiting for it to snow. Did you see the snowsport wall Keith built in our garage? Total awesomeness.

Watching "bideos" on Mama's phone from the past 6 months or so. He still squeals at a video of him dancing with Kale in June or running through a hanging towel with Juni in August. I would venture to say those two camping trips rocked his world.

Wishing Mama could also be there with him during his days with Dada. For instance, on Wednesday nights he usually asks me if I'm going to story time with him. And then I have to remind him I have to work and then we have a long conversation about why I work and why others we know work. I'll gently remind him that we spend our nights together and have so much fun and that will sometimes cheer him up.

Worrying about nothing I hope!

Wondering why the baby isn't here already. Wondering where teddy bear is. Only to find teddy in the bassinet where he is warm and swaddled.







1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you! (No, I have not forgotten!) I am an awful blog friend these days, with school/ work/ and Evan's testing. You're almost there! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete