Saturday, November 24, 2012

Rewind: Thanksgiving

This will be backdated in November, but it was not originally published until January for pregnancy and work related reasons.

For Thanksgiving this year we decided to spend a few days with my side of the family. It has been a while since we had seen my father and my stepmother, and this is the first holiday we spent without my grandmother. I felt I needed to be with them. And I'm glad we went because Cole is still talking about it.

For only spending two days there we certainly did a lot. We got together with friends for dinner the first night. We had missed their daughter's first birthday party because Keith was sick, so it was great to see them and share a delicious Greek meal with them. The last time we got together was in October when Dada took the most beautiful portraits of the birthday girl. At dinner, they got to see a glimpse into what life might be like in another year and a half (crazy boy begging for pasta until the very minute it arrives!) and we got to see their very tranquil daughter taking it all in (so maybe their life won't be EXACTLY like ours, but you get the drift).

After dinner we headed back to my father's house and settled in for the night. Although Cole was really not too keen on sleeping in this strange bed in Papa Joe's house, he eventually passed out. So did we.

The next morning we went to Starbucks for some coffee and tea since I forgot to tell my father to get me black tea. Then we jetted over to this awesome park nearby that had three or four different age level playgrounds. Cole had a blast jumping in a pile of leaves and throwing leaves at other kids who came over to join the fun. We ended up napping (thanks to another car ride) during most of Thanksgiving supper, but it was worth it to cuddle up to Cole, who rarely likes to sleep next to me in a bed anymore (he will sleep in a rocking chair of course). The second night was a bit more challenging, but we gave Cole an awesome shower and he was a happy boy, loving the warm water on his head and back. He did not like the idea at all of sleeping away from home the second night and cried for an hour before passing out. It was kind of miserable, but when you have a sleep fighting child, you come to get used to it.


Sunset overlooking Manhattan
Cole's first time at a real drum set
The drums are almost as big as me? No big deal!

Pasta for breakfast? No problem!

The vibrating gobbling turkey that we did not bring home.

Wherein Cole redistributes the playground leaves
Too much fun

\


No comments:

Post a Comment