Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Inspiration

‎"Motherhood is about raising and celebrating the child you have, not the child you thought you would have. It's about understanding that he is exactly the person he is supposed to be. And that, if you're lucky, he just might be the teacher who turns you into the person you are supposed to be." — Joan Ryan (The Water Giver: The Story of a Mother, a Son, and Their Second Chance)


Hudson Valley Parents posted this quote on their Facebook page yesterday. I totally love it. I especially like the last sentence, mostly because sometimes when things are repeatedly difficult I try to find a reason for the challenges. And I do believe it is true that because of those challenges, I am becoming a better person.


I think Cole is teaching me patience, to appreciate life, and to live more in the moment. 




How can I not stop and learn something from this beautiful boy?
What is your child teaching you? Or what has your child taught you?



1 comment:

  1. okay, you totally made me think of something to write about. Grrr. I'm supposed to be studying, too. :)

    ReplyDelete