Wednesday, December 29, 2010

This time last year: Finding out

Lately, in my head I've been doing a lot of "This time last year." So far it has involved the early part of my pregnancy, but as we get into January it will involve the second half of my pregnancy - the part when I feared for my child's life.

But today's is a special one.

So I thought I'd share it. On this day last year we learned we were having a boy. I'll be honest and say that before I became pregnant I had always wanted a little girl, but once I became pregnant, I had a strong feeling I was having a boy, and it didn't bother me one bit. After all, I just wanted a child, it didn't matter the gender. I still remember the look on Keith's face when the technician, Natalie, (we came to be on a first name basis) first looked at the ultrasound and said, "Yep, it's a boy."  It was a look of pure joy.
Words cannot describe how much I love this little being. Looking at him and imagining the boy and man he will become is so wonderful a feeling. Motherhood has to be the greatest ride of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment