Saturday, December 11, 2010

Long week

It's been a long week. To sum it up:

  • Cole is now crawling. Not pre-crawling. But really crawling.
  • He can also lean on something (i.e. one of our two ottomans) and stand unattended (well, with our arms several inches away) for seconds at a time.
  • He most definitely, absolutely, positively has a tooth breaking through.
  • Last weekend I went to my first yoga class in almost a year.
  • Keith went snowboarding today for the first time this season.
  • I have yet ANOTHER sinus infection.
  • I began a poetry unit this past week and my students are loving it! I usually avoid poetry because it's not easy to teach and the kids moan and groan. Well, I underestimated them. They like it. So, I'm having fun.
  • My last clogged duct was on Monday (when I had to go home sick because I was congested AND my boob was lumpy and as hard as a rock), which is great, considering that we've continued with Keith giving one bottle at night.
  • My little baby likes oatmeal and peas. 
  • He's been sleeping in the crib steadily since I wrote about it last.  Monday afternoon we took a nice long nap in my bed, and that was a nice treat.
  • Cole still has a cold of sorts. I don't know if he has a sinus infection too, or it's just general congestion and snottiness.
  • He's trying out his voice constantly. He does this unbearable screeching that is very painful, for him included. He ends up coughing after he's done.
  • He's growing so much that he outgrew Size 2 diapers and is now wearing a size 3 (Pampers diapers).
  • His next well baby visit is at the end of this month - a few days after my dreaded root canal. He'll be 7 months by then and I'll be sure to post his height and weight. I'm so dying to know.
Here is Cole in pictures. These were all taken with our Canon rebel over the past few weeks. 

Here is Cole watching himself in his crib mirror. He loves the mirror now more than ever. He thoroughly enjoys gazing at himself. It is the cutest thing.

 Cole standing against the ottoman with Daddy at his back.
Cole happily eats his avocados.


Cole playing in his crib.


Cole playing on the floor of our bedroom. No more co-sleeper equals lots more room for Cole to play. He loves that rubber duckie! This pic is taken with the new lens Keith bought for the Canon Rebel. It takes such nice pictures!



3 comments:

  1. That's awesome that he's crawling! It is, right? I'm a little nervous about having a mobile baby.
    Good for you for getting back to a yoga class. Kris and I re-newed our gym memberships this week so I'm going to have to get myself into action soon....

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, i'm excited that he is becoming mobile, but it's also making me realize all of the trouble he can get into. we need a safe baby zone and we don't have one quite yet.

    ReplyDelete