Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The wedding

My handsome husband taking a self-portrait.
It would not be a wedding if my husband didn't take at least a hundred photos. The wedding was a total blast from the church ceremony (St. Cecilia's in Brooklyn) to the hotel room (Ravel Hotel in LIC) to the reception (Water's Edge in LIC). It was a beautiful clear night and I didn't have to worry about breastfeeding because I had given my entire frozen supply to Carolyn so she could feed Cole while we were gone. And we were gone for a full 24 hours. Yes, we missed the hell out of our baby, but we enjoyed our time again as a couple. It was a nice getaway. And here are just a sampling of the photos (drumroll please)...
This was the view from our hotel window. That is the Queensboro Bridge.

This is the ultra modern hotel room.

Richie serenading Joann. I believe the song was "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey

Keith & I on the balcony of the reception. Love that skyline.
Joann & I at the reception

The hotel room, as you can see was really cool. It had an open floor plan, which was pretty cool -although not after someone has done the dooce, but oh well. It supposedly had a waterfall shower but we couldn't get the dang thing to work. The reception was beautiful, right on the East River. We had a grand ole time dancing and talking and, of course, taking pictures. I drank a little bit but really not that much as I could have. I had three drinks and didn't finish any of them. I was having enough fun just being with Keith and being right on the river.  The music was a lot of fun, lots of 80's songs. As far as I can tell Richie is a good singer and he and Joann are a fan of 80s rock-  Bon Jovi, Journey, Guns N Roses. There were probably others, I just can't remember. Below is a picture of Joann and I when Sweet Child of Mine came on. Keith made us do it
Rock on!
There was a Booz Cruise after the reception, but we chose not to go so we could go back to the hotel and sleep. I slept about 6 hours straight, then woke up to pump. I don't think I've felt that engorged since my milk came in! But it was nice to not have any responsibilities for one night and one morning. We thoroughly enjoyed it.


1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you guys had a nice night away! Our first time away from Sophia was Isaiah and Amanda;s wedding, when Sophia was a little over 2 months old, but not for an overnight. I think it is awesome you were able to pull it off and had a great time. Does Keith have new glasses? And by the way, you look absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete