Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Cutting a tooth

I was so right. He IS cutting a tooth. (I just learned that new phrase today!) The maternity nurse who runs the breastfeeding support group at Kingston Hospital confirmed today what we already knew - he is so cutting a tooth. (So there doc!!) The tooth is there on the left hand side of his bottom front gum. It's a very small piece but it is there. A little sliver of a tooth. It totally explains the past several nights - which have been miserable!!! He either won't fall asleep or will wake up in tears in the middle of the night and then keep us up for an hour or more after. I got him a teething ring, which he liked and a crinkly book (at another mother's recommendation) which he kind of liked but didn't get that he could suck on it too. Instead he just hit it until he got upset and I took it away. I also got the homeopathic teething tablets, which were recommended by some friends on Facebook. We'll see if those work.
Here's the Baby Bjorn picture I promised...
Oh and for those of you interested in hearing about the Baby Balboa nursing pillow, I got it last week and updated my "Nursing Pillows" review page with a review of it.

Tomorrow begins Cole's immunizations. Please cross your fingers that he does OK after the shots. I'm more worried about how his body will react to the shots afterwards than how he does while getting a shot. I know it's going to hurt, and I know he's going to cry, as I'm sure I will. But I plan to nurse him immediately afterwards, and I think that will provide him with some comfort.
Get me outta here Mom!
So I got Cole this Space Saver High Chair (by Fisher Price) that works great for our small dining area.
You just attach it to a regular chair and VOILA! But the problem that Cole has with it is that it has straps. The same goes for the car seat, except that driving usually stops any escape plan and puts him right to sleep. Not so with the high chair. Nope. The past few days he's been spending most of his time trying to get out of it then enjoying the view. At first he loved it because he could sit up and face us. What a concept. We used to put him in the car seat and set that on the table but then he started to try to sit up in the car seat so there went that idea. I got the high chair thinking, well he wants to sit up, he can sit up! But now he wants to get out! This boy is on the move, and he's not even crawling yet! I say "yet" because he is certainly trying.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, I have to comment on the Baby Bjorn pic! You with the slightly lunatic-ish expression and Cole with his tongue out (or so it looks) had me cracking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the grin I use to get him to smile! And he had his tongue out for sure. That's his way of saying "hi!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I love it! Hilarious. (Zach has a tongue thing goin' on too--they speak the same language apparently!)

    ReplyDelete