Tuesday, August 24, 2010

End of summer updates

  • We got a bunch of used clothing from two different people - our neighbor and then a woman at the New Baby, New Paltz group I go to on Tuesday mornings. 
  • Next Tuesday is my last group meeting! They're having a little send off for us moms returning to work (most of us are teachers) and the leader said she'd consider holding meetings on days we have off so that we could at least get together every once in a while during the school year. But back to the clothing - all of it seems season appropriate so that he will be set for the fall and winter. I am very excited!
  • Cole turns 3 months on Friday and he gets his immunizations this coming Thursday. I am expecting the worst and hoping for the best. Many of my friends said their kids did just fine, so I hope the same is true for Cole. 
  •  He starts day care (boo hoo!) next Thursday. 
  • He will meet his great-grandmother next Saturday (9/4) when Keith and I go down to visit my dad (for his birthday) and then to go to another wedding (this time in LI) that night.
  • We're having a baby blessing for Cole in September instead of a Catholic baptism.
  • My friend, Andreea, lent me her Baby Bjorn and Cole loves it. I'll post a picture soon. He even fell asleep in it while we were walking around the Palisades Mall - facing out! 
  • Cole has started to lift up his arms when he wants to be held.
  • He laughed his longest laugh yet yesterday when I was trying to teach him how to clap his hands. He got such a kick out of that lesson.
  • I also tried to teach him how to blow me a kiss (just with his lips) and he pursed his lips a few times to show me he was trying!
  • As I was driving back into our development this afternoon I noticed a lot of leaves on the ground and suddenly it hit me like a ton of bricks that Fall is right around the corner. I can't believe my summer with my baby is coming to a close. It seems like just yesterday he was born. Now he's almost 3 months! However, I am excited for cooler days when we can go hiking as a family and not worry about overheating.  It reminds me of last fall when we went on a bunch of nice hikes when I was only 2 months pregnant and Cole was still our little secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment