Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Old friends

I have a lot of posts to write, but very little time. June is to teachers what April is to accountants.  Grading, grading, grading, planning review, finals, the list goes on and on. And we must do this in 90 degree heat while trying to ignore the students who are complaining about the heat. Really? Because from where I'm standing (and running around), you're just sitting there. And because this past weekend was birthday bonanza, I have to spend my weeknights sleeping. So short and sweet and probably just lots of pictures. Maybe the way some of you like reading my blog? Maybe. I'll be back to writing lengthier posts when I have a good free hour (a few days, a few weeks?).  I'm also currently working on making a book out of the first year of Cole's life in blog posts. I've imported two weeks worth of posts from my pregnancy blog and on Friday (Cole's birthday) into my blurb account. That is also going to be a time consuming process, but that was my goal when I started this blog, and I'm all about accomplishing my goals.

A short list of my accomplished goals (albeit some concessions)
I breastfed for a year and counting. (I pumped for 9 months and had to supplement with formula for 8, but I still kept at it).
I gave birth to Cole without using any pain medication or contraction inducing drugs. (But I was on medication for 3 straight months for pre-term contractions).
I graduated from graduate school with a 4.0 (and Irritable Bowel Syndrome - all that stress had to go somewhere!).
You see where this is going?

Anyway, the following are pictures from our visit to the DiLorenzo's. Andreea and I have been friends for 22 years. When we were kids, we envisioned living next door to each other and hanging out on each other's porches. Unfortunately, life has forced us to live far away from each other, but not too far that we can't visit now and then. She lives 2.5 hours away in the Garden State and we're trying to visit each other more often now that we have kids very close in age. Isn't it lucky we both have boys? Keith took all of these awesome pics...

Cole found his favorite thing in the world: a ball!

Cole is so good at sharing.

Here's Cole putting his mouth on another baby's toys. Thankfully, his mama understands.

Off in thought. (And no it was not my idea to dress my son in stripes and camoflauge).

Lucas' outfit is much more coordinated than Cole's. Here he is on his chair. (Cole got one for his birthday, but that's for a later post).

Keith likes this because even though I'm the only one looking at the camera, everyone else is looking at someone else in the picture.

Cole: Yo, wassup Lucas?! 
Lucas: Yo, chill Cole!

What a cutie!

Cole discovers the coolest toy EVER!

So serious, yet so innocent. I think THIS one is my favorite.

3 comments:

  1. Don't you just love seeing them play with other kids? I think it is so sweet and funny. I can't believe our boys are ONE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy for you that summer vacation is around the corner!

    And thank you for having my back in the comments of the old blog. I love that you did that for me!
    It has ben so great sharing the whole pregnancy and first year experience with you. Thanks for that, also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Randalin- I know, Right?!

    Mommy A - um, excuse me, i mean Bitchypants- No problem! I figured if you couldn't and I could, then why not? And I agree that it has been wonderful sharing the pregnancy and first year with each other. I'm glad we're still reading each other's blogs. Life just keeps getting more interesting, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete