Monday, May 2, 2011

The Seven Baby B's.

No, I'm not going to write about myself in seven different ways. Nor am I going to tell you about the best bed and breakfasts around. What I am planning on doing is writing about the Seven Baby B's as a way of reflecting on my first year of parenting. The Seven Baby B's are the "tools" of attachment parenting, according to Dr. Sears.  I wish I could take credit for this original and awesomely intelligent idea of reflective writing. However, I cannot; I borrowed it from Randalin, who is currently embarking on the same journey on her blog. She decided to do this because she was kind of tired of writing the same old monthly update, which I am too. And if you are a regular follower, you are aware of my lackadaisical approach to said monthly update. So this was clearly the better option. It also allows me to really think about the choices I've made and the lessons I've learned in my first year as a parent.

The Seven Baby B's are:
Birth Bonding
Breastfeeding
Babywearing
Bedding Close to Baby
Belief in the Language Value of your Baby's Cry
Beware of Baby Trainers
Balance

I am currently working on my first post, which will be about babywearing. Look for it in the next few days.

I'll leave you with this parting shot from this awesome place in Rosendale that sells pretzel rolls, called Twisted Food. Pretzel rolls you ask? Yes, it tastes like a pretzel, but it's a nice doughy roll. A pretzel lover's dream. (And I am obviously a pretzel lover, or couldn't you tell?)

1 comment:

  1. sounds awesome. (the pretzel rolls and the blog post.) Our deli in our cafeteria at work makes deli sandwiches on them and they are awesome. Ham, pepperoni, and provolone. Leaf lettuce and a teensy red onion on a warm pretzel roll. That's my staple. Everyday. Before work. With a Diet Coke, as if that makes any sense at all.

    ReplyDelete