Saturday, February 5, 2011

Sound words

Cole loves sound words. I am sure this is common with most babies, but I'm new to babies, so it's fun for me to try new sound words every day and see the look of joy appear on his face. It started with Bzzzzzzz and continues every day with some new word we discover. Vroom Vroom. Woof Woof....The list is endless. What's good about sound words is that they have the ability to stop Cole's crying in its tracks. It works especially well on the changing table, which he hates with a passion.

These pictures are from Friday after work. Cole found a new play toy - the monitor, which he has a fascination with when it's not in use.


I thought this was the cutest. He looks so serious but so innocent at the same time.

Keith liked this because of the dramatic lighting.

This is Cole walking with the "Dino" we got from Babies R Us. It's a walker and will convert into a ride-on when he can walk. His balance gets better by the day. It just so happened that when I picked him up from day care the teacher told me he had been using the walker there really well. When she tried to get him to demonstrate for me, he refused and shoved his face in my chest instead.

This was our dinner last night, curried chick peas and potatoes. It's from the cookbook Vegan Favorites - the best cook book on the planet. I kid you not.

3 comments:

  1. I love the picture of him holding the monitor. His face seems to be saying "ok mom, I'll pose for one more picture - but this the LAST ONE."
    Also, we had curried chick peas and cauliflower for dinner last night. For real. We're twins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making sure all is well in your world. Haven't seen anything on the blog or FB in a while...

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's been a tough week, so no time or energy to blog. i'm alright though. i will be posting soon. thanks for thinking of me...

    ReplyDelete