Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I win the award

So I am the new winner of the Mother of the Year award because I missed the fact that my baby had an ear infection.  In all fairness, Keith missed it too, and I'm not berating him, so I should forgive myself. But if you're a mother, you understand why I am a tad mad at myself. I have to keep telling myself, IT IS WHAT IT IS and let it go. (Gee, I could use that same motto for other regrets that plague me daily - why don't I?)

Back to the ear infection. It explains the sleepless nights, the crankiness, the not wanting to nurse on one side. It explains all of that and maybe more.  He's on antibiotics and infant ibuprofen. His fever was high Monday and it is still continuing today, although not as high. That means that I have to keep him home for another day, because it's almost 101 and they have a rule at daycare (and for good reason) that they need to be fever-free for 24 hours before returning.  Even though the doctor said he's not contagious, we still are going to have to keep him home. Wait, let me rephrase that. I am going to have to keep him home because Keith left for his business trip this morning.

Oh and did I mention I have a very tired baby on my hands? A very tired baby who won't stay asleep?
Yeah.

Here is me in my pajamas wearing
a sleeping and sick Cole.
Thank goodness for the Beco Butterfly 2 back carry which has enabled me to get some chores done around the house so that the house doesn't turn into a disaster area when it so easily could, considering the circumstances. When in it this morning, Cole fell asleep to the steady movement of me folding clothes.  I had to watch a few You Tube videos last night to figure out how to get him in the back carry without help. Then I practiced without him in it just to get a feel for the body movements involved in maneuvering it to my back (not an easy process let me tell you). Next, I'm going to try moving him to the back wearing the Beco Gemini. The Gemini has a thicker head support. So, if he falls asleep again, his head hopefully won't look like it does in this picture.

Here's hoping my baby feels better soon!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry he has an eat infection but I'm proud of you for handling it so well. Hope he recovers quickly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your good thoughts were exactly what he needed.

    ReplyDelete