Monday, January 24, 2011

The great bath debacle

I'll make this short and sweet. Because of his newly refined motor skills we realized we needed to retire the infant bathtub we've been using for the past 7 months. So I bought a bath seat, thinking that would do the trick. Unfortunately, I bought it online and wasn't able to read the fine print. Basically, because we have a non slip surface on the bottom of our tub, I'd have to use their cheap adhesives and stick 4 rather large disks permanently onto the bottom of the tub. Not happening! Using the actual tub was also out of the question since the last few times we tried that, Cole got very upset at being in the tub without any protection around or under him. I think the tub seems too big to him and, as a result, is a scary place. So we settled for the alternative. While we were getting diapers at Toys r Us Saturday, we bought an inflatable tub, shown above. It was a hit with Cole. Thanks to Mommy A. for the idea!

2 comments: