Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Structured randomness

I am thankful for the following things:

  • That I still have hope that maybe just maybe he'll sleep for four or five hours straight tonight. What would my life be without hope?!
  • A toothy smile- how cute!
  • His little voice trying out words that sound so much like "momma"
  • The teachers at day care who love my son so much they let him sleep in their arms.
  • A cold glass of water
  • A warm glass of red wine with my husband
  • Leftover pumpkin stew for lunch- yum!
  • Ciabatta bread.
  • Dental insurance
  • When students enjoy or connect to a Langston Hughes poem.
  • Watching my son crawl in the hallway before work.
  • Holding my son before heading off to work- there's nothing worse than leaving and not saying good-bye, but sometimes it has to be done.
  • Watching Cole trying to grab the slippery slice of avocado and, when he finally gets hold of it, seeing him bring it to his mouth and take a bite.


I am not thankful for the following things:
  • Pumping in the "health" office. Hearing students puke in the nearby bathroom and worrying about the germs just skeeves me out. Soooooooo not a picture of health.
  • The re-ocurring Milk blister 
  • The temperamental ducts that clog frequently at the slightest provocation.
  • A third tooth trying to break through when the first two are not finished growing. 
  • Yet another growth spurt
  • Lousy subs who can't or won't follow simple directions- since when does "must work individually" mean work in groups?



Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment