Thursday, August 2, 2012

Currently

Currently




Mama is...
terrible at taking iPhone pictures of herself. This is a pic from early July. I found this awesome dress to go to this awesome wedding. I had to share it.

Listening to the crickets tonight during my outdoor yoga class. It was the perfect summer night for mountain yoga. Tonight was very unlike last week's class, which was held despite a tornado warning and an ominous thunderstorm. Don't worry, I didn't attend that class, which was described to me as "wild."

Daydreaming about traveling to the west coast and other exotic locales. One of my friends from work is in Oregon right now. The pictures she's posting right now are just making me seriously itch to go there.  It's so gorgeous. I will get to the west coast again someday, I am promising myself. Realistically, I can see it happening three to five years from now.

Wanting to be an inspiring teacher. Last night I found this video montage on you tube (through Facebook). It's a montage of an English teacher (and friend of Keith's) who seemed to touch so many lives and reach so many students before his untimely death in March.  The narration is by the teacher himself, who had made a CD for his students to help them pass their Social Studies final. Watching this video, listening to his great sense of humor, and reading the comments on his obituary page make me realize just how much you can impact your students if you connect with them.



Looking forward to finding out the gender of this baby. I have no preference whatsoever. I would love a boy or a girl. But my bets are on a girl. This pregnancy is vastly different than my first, so that makes me think - different pregnancy, different gender. Also, during our 13 week ultrasound the baby did not move around nearly as much as Cole did. I've heard  that boys move around in the womb more than girls, but that can be totally bogus, so who really knows? Only this baby.

Writing comments on other people's blogs. During the school year this is a rarity. I still try to catch up on my blog reading during the 20 minutes I take to eat my lunch during the workday, but because everything is read on my iPhone (we have to sign in to read any kind of blog), it's difficult and time consuming to post comments. Imagine my surprise when Olivia from Soul Singing Liv, was so inspired by something I said in a comment that one of her blog posts revolved around it! My heart fluttered when I read it, and I was so happy to have affected someone I've never met (but feel like I have simply by reading her blog).



Cole is...
loving any chance he gets to eat soft serve ice cream.


Listening to me only when I say the words, "If you want an ice pop, then..." It's like this lightbulb turns on, he's living in the moment and does exactly what I him want to do, but only for the next minute and a half. Then he's on the floor hysterical if he's not getting the result he thought he'd get in the timely manner he thought he should get it in. So I guess Kale is not the only one NOT listening.

Daydreaming about being a singer and a dancer. He's so cute when he sings Fresh Beat songs and does the dance. This happens multiple times throughout the day when we've got no music or television on. He just breaks out in song and busts a few moves that they do with that song. It's so freaking cute.

Wanting Mama every.single.morning. Anytime Keith tries to go in there to greet him good morning, Cole throws a fit. "I WANT MAMA!!!" So now, before Keith can even go in there, we hear this over the monitor in a matter of fact voice, "I want Mama, not Dada."

Looking for the cats the moment one of them disappears underneath the bed. "Where'd Clem go?" "Where'd Kiwi go?" He always seems sincerely surprised when one of them takes off running as soon as they see him approach. They don't even give him a chance anymore.

Not writing, but learning that he can draw using more than one crayon at a time. He also paint me rainbows and rocketships. "Mama," he says, "I paint a rainbow for you." His paintings are getting so much more colorful lately. I love that it's become a part of our daily routine.






Harvesting Kale

1 comment:

  1. This post made me miss you guys so much! We need to set up another 5 minute skype date soon!

    Mountain yoga sounds amazing. I totally need to get my butt in gear and join something soon. Otherwise the winter will creep up on me and I'll decide to hibernate.

    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete