Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Currently link up

This has been a tough night. So, for the first time, I'm going to forego doing a "currently" on Cole and just focus on me. 

If I'm feeling up to it tomorrow, I'll add to this post and tell you what Cole is currently up to. But I doubt you'll return after reading my woefully pathetic post.

Wow. You're still here?

Thanks for sticking around.

This is what is currently running through my mind...

Wishing that my aunt and my grandfather are waiting for my grandmother on the other side when she passes.

Missing my grandmother. She's in a hospital two hours from here, and I last visited her two weeks ago. 

Reading reviews on the best ice pop molds out there. When I am sad, I go to shopping. And right now, all my kid wants in life is an ice pop. For breakfast, lunch and dinner. The two sets of ice pop molds I have are so/so. I'm trying to find him the perfect set of ice molds.  Criteria - must be a set of 6, BPA free, and must be larger than the two sets I have now. It makes me feel better to shop for him. So while I'm online? I figure he could also really use a good exercise mat to do tumblesaults on. That got me to thinking I should take him shopping tomorrow, maybe even make a trip to Barnes and Noble, my favorite store. Not that I'm going to buy books or anything. My grandmother always loved a good shopping trip when she was depressed. 

Anticipating nothing. Anticipating denotes something positive is going to happen (at least that's how I see it). Lewis Black said in a live performance in Albany once that anticipation is always better than the reality. I love Lewis Black. But he was right about his performance. I had listened to him so much before seeing him and was so excited for it that his show was kind of a letdown. It was everything I had already heard but with a few details changed here and there, which made me wonder - did he make that stuff up? But he was right, the anticipation was in his case much more exciting (hence, better) than the reality of his performance.  Currently, though, I feel like I'm waiting. And that is not better than the reality, which will be death. Then again, is death better than what leads up to it? Is the afterlife the good part about death? I guess I'll never truly know until it's my time to go.

So now that I have sufficiently depressed you all, feel free to head to your nearest store and find me the best damn set of ice pop molds out there.  Oh, you can't find any? That's because it's August and ice pop molds are out of season, according to Walmart, Target and Rite Aid. Yeah. Because that makes a whole lot of sense.

If you happen to hit the jackpot though, here's my mailing address:

Mama and Cole
12 I-NEEEEEED-an-Ice-Pop Lane
Can I have an Ice Pop City, New Ice Pop, 12345

I will pay you in my best ice pop recipes. You'll probably think they're gross, but your kid will love them.

And come back to visit. I swear I'm not always this sad.
Harvesting Kale

3 comments:

  1. **HUGS**

    I hope you're day is looking up a little. Shopping always helps me feel better too - even just for an hour or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to see that you are dealing with such a rough time. I'll be praying for your family. Also, I hear a lot of people talk about Zoku ice pop maker(I think that's how it's spelled). It looks pretty neat to me.

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope things are going better for you now! If it helps at all, your ice pop address cracked me up. :o)

    ReplyDelete