Friday, August 3, 2012

Warning: Lounging can be Hazardous to your Health

Linking up again with Growing up Geeky to write this week about two of my favorite topics - babies and pets! 
Thanks again to Randalin for being the reason I found this great link up!
Kiwi and Clem were our "kids" before Cole came along. These two loving sisters lounged all day in the living room with no fear that some little unpredictable screaming person would interrupt their blissful nap. They continued this lounging, but on my lap, when I was on pregnancy bed rest for four months. I spent my days in the living room laying on the couch. These two cats kept me from going insane with loneliness. Imagine spending 40+ hours a week totally alone. That was me. Although I did have friends visiting from time to time, it was usually just me and the girls. For that I am grateful to them.


This would be considered suicidal nowadays.

If she only knew how good she had it.


One of my companions. Please excuse my tired face and the blurry picture.
Now the cats are so used to making themselves scarce that the only time we see them is when Cole is not at home or asleep. That's when they come out to play. Kiwi almost always waits for me outside Cole's door before venturing into the living room for the night. They also sleep with us (despite our attempts to throw them out) and when I was working would visit me in the bathroom in the morning.


Uninvited guests post early morning shower.

Trying to gain an understanding of the thing that stands tall in the living room.

A very daring Clem moment (out and about while Cole was still awake somewhere in the house). She MUST have been hungry.

Kiwi playing with the rocketship door. Late at night, I'll hear strange noises coming from the living room. It's usually one of them inside this thing. It's become their biggest scratching post and biggest toy.

You'd run for the hills if you saw this thing toddling along toward you too, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment