Friday, August 24, 2012

Currently link up

Mama is...

missing lots of things and people, but the one thing I am truly missing is my memory. I forget to pay the day care teacher. I forget to create a course syllabus for my new students and for my "sort of new" job (transferring  to a new school is a "sort of new" job for me). I forget to brush my teeth and wash my hair. Must I continue?

craving all sorts of foods. Every time someone mentions something I've eaten before, like Five Guys or Taco Bell, I can suddenly taste it and smell it and it's like I MUST EAT THAT NOW or I'm going to starve to death.

anticipating a crazy start to a new school year, but I'm trying to think happy positive thoughts and stay inspired by Soul Singing Liv, who doesn't let even the most scary and life changing of events bring her or her family down. I can't tell you how fortunate I feel to be blogging and have electronically connected through words with positive people like her.

thinking about how I really want to have a normal pregnancy and how I really want to show off my belly to anyone and everyone until it's time for me to push this baby out.

singing "Just Like a Rock Star" about 50 times a day now. You'd think I'd remember all of the lyrics by now, but see above and you'll understand why all I can remember is this beautifully worded line: "Shout it out, Just like a rock star!"


I will refrain from boring you with an entire "Cole currently is an ice pop post"and instead try to think outside of the box (even though these prompts are begging Cole to just talk about ice pops).

Cole is...

missing Juni, Allison and Shawn. We went camping with them last weekend (the long awaited beach camping trip will be a post soon, I promise) and he has been talking about them regularly ever since.

craving everything in frozen form. Okay I have to mention the ice pops here. It would be sacrilegious not to. He finished his last homemade ice pop yesterday morning. Since then, he has gone from begging "Pyease can I have an ice pop, Mama, pyease?" to desperation "Can I just have a small ice pop, Mama? I just want a small ice pop, Mama." When the ice pops are in stock the small ones are usually not good enough, although he will settle if I say, "Either the small ice pop or no ice pop at all." By yesterday afternoon he was in full meltdown mode. I offered him everything in the freezer that wasn't a homemade ice pop. But he wanted none of it. Finally, out of nowhere he came to me and told me he wanted the frozen banana I had offered him an hour prior to that, which is what makes me think the root of his ice pop cravings is the craving for something frozen.

anticipating the next time he can read Where the Wild Things Are. He really loves this book. He has taken to saying "I'll eat you up!" and can describe what the wild things are doing in the few pages where there are no words. It's fun to read with him, except when he tries to eat me up (i.e. bite my knee). That's just not funny anymore.

thinking about Fresh Beat songs. The album we got for him when we purchased the tickets to see them (next Monday) has been the soundtrack of our summer, literally. He demands them every single time we step into the car, and since we've gone on five camping trips, we've happily obliged so we can have a content passenger in the back.

singing Fresh Beat songs. He and Keith looked up some lyrics last night while I was folding laundry (and skipping my yoga class) and both of them could be heard in my room singing. Ten minutes later and Cole was rocking his DJ Lance hat and belting out his absolute favorite song on the face of this earth "Just Like a Rock Star."

P.S. Before you leave the blog don't forget to read my Friday's Letter post. I've written to my uterus because something tells me that she ain't happy.

1 comment: