Monday, October 15, 2012

The little things

I had a really crappy day today. In fact, with this medicine I'm on to keep the contractions at bay, life just hasn't held the same exuberance as it used to. I know I'm growing a baby and it should be a wonderful time right now, but I'm constantly living in panic, in fear my cervix is going to dilate or that I'm going to have to go on bed rest. And if it's none of those things, I'm feeling the wicked side effects of this medicine. Being a teacher and being a parent while also being pregnant with complications is no easy feat.

So when I had this brief conversation with Cole tonight before he went to sleep, I gave him a few extra kisses.

Cole: "I'm your baaaaby"
(he says this a lot)
Mama: "Why are you my baby?"
I usually always respond with "yes you are," but tonight, since he's been on a "Why" kick for the past few weeks, I figured I'd turn the tables.
Cole: "Because I love you."

Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment