Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Currently link up

Mama is currently...

Writing part of this post from my high risk doctor's office waiting for my cervical check. I think it's going to be fine and long like usual but there's always that small seed of doubt...
Have no fear. It's still long! Yay for another week of bed rest avoided.

Laughing at Cole as he chases Kiwi from the living room to the office and back again. Giggling all the way. Their relationship keeps growing as he matures and she gets used to him. He even got his first scratch from her this week. (I'll have to do a post about their budding relationship soon.) Laughing at Cole as he rocks on his rocking horse in his sunglasses and (later on) brushes his stomach with two toothbrushes in his bathtub. Laughing when he drinks his sippy and says with a smile "That was terrific!"

Dreaming about getting more sleep. This medicine I'm on makes my heart pound furiously, then makes me dizzy and then hurts my head - for almost two hours after I take it. So I have to figure out some clever schedule of taking it where it doesn't affect my teaching but also doesn't affect my sleep. Now that's what you call a real dilemma....Dreaming about my day last Saturday with Cole. Up until 3 p.m., when I had seriously lost my patience, Cole and I had a really fun morning and early afternoon hanging around our house and our town. We definitely got some quality time in, ate some good snacks and got plenty dirty playing with pink mud! I'll share some pics at the end of this post.

Craving chocolate. Good news is that Keith did a photo shoot for a chocolate company this past weekend and brought home 25 chocolate bars. So I mentioned this to my new co-workers (who I really enjoy working with, by the way) and they were all "bring it in! Share the wealth!" Are you kidding me? My chocolate! Mine!

Anticipating a weekend visit from my college friend who's coming to New Paltz from the city with her almost year old daughter and husband. I'm so excited to meet her daughter, Zoe, and feeling kind of bad that it takes Nicole visiting ME in order for that to happen. Good news is that Nicole is the last person to hold grudges so I'm sure she does not have any negative feelings toward me about it....Also anticipating Open House. Open house is Thursday night. Starts after 7 and ends after 9- past my bedtime! I don't enjoy Open House because I won't actually see Cole until Friday night. Because I leave so early in the morning to get to work on time each day, I don't see Cole in the morning unless it's the weekend. So it will be almost 48 hours between Wednesday night and the next time I see both of my boys. I'll pick up Cole Friday afternoon and see Keith Friday night. Sucks big time. But we'll get through it and we'll have an extra long weekend to spend together.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear your cervix is still long (I never thought I'd say that to someone)! Also, I would totally eat all 25 chocolate bars to myself and I can't even blame that on pregnancy. I just love chocolate!

    ReplyDelete