Saturday, October 20, 2012

Currently

Mama is
Feeling anxious. I'm pregnant with contractions. One doctor tells me one thing, another tells me something else. I go on Monday for a cervical check. Hopefully that will ease my anxiety.

Drinking apple cider and water. I also drink lots of black tea in the morning.

Looking for the perfect weekend in which I don't have to do any work. Like any other working mother would, I hate bringing my work home with me.

Making homemade pizza on Fridays again.  After last Friday's nightmarish outcome (Dada and I had a breakdown in communication and kind words were not issued), we've decided I make dinner on Fridays. I love to make pizza. So that's the new tradition around here.

Dreaming of life after this baby. I'm 26 weeks pregnant now. This baby is alive and swimming inside of me. Love feeling her, but I can't wait to meet her.


Cole is

Feeling sad and sometimes angry that Mama has to go to work. Sometimes Dada will hear Cole say, "I don't like Mama..." Dada knows this can't be true, so he helps Cole to articulate what he really doesn't like, which is always "Mama goes to work."

Drinking water. We no longer need to create a pipeline of cow milk into our house because ever since we replaced the bottle nipple cap with a sippy cap, Cole has not been drinking gallons of milk before bed. No. Now he likes to have an hard boiled egg before bed. Go figure.

Looking for his piggy bank, flag, pumpkin - basically anything that could break or be dangerous, he must find it. But most importantly, he looks for Kiwi and Clem, but mostly Kiwi, since she's easier to find and too overweight to run away as quickly as agile Clem.

Making mental and linguistic leaps and bounds. He's always been smart and can speak well, but lately, he's been adding adjectives and adverbs to his speech that are astounding. Of course, it's mostly stuff Dada and I say, but he's using the words correctly. He's also understanding so much more than he did before. This also means he's finding things to be " 'cary "and so we can't read or watch the Lorax (the Onceler freaks him out) or read Where the Wild Things Are (Max's costume is too realistic). I know this is a phase, but I hate to see my little boy frightened at all.

Dreaming of holding the baby and kissing the baby. He gives my belly a kiss every night and comes to greet my belly whenever he sees it exposed (funnily enough this often happens while I'm on the toilet).

2 comments:

  1. I'm really struggling with having to bring work home on the weekend and in the evenings. I don't have a lot of choice in the matter (unless I want to quit my job...which I do somedays). I'm lucky that Kris is so supportive and is happy to take Kale on adventures to give me the time I need, but I'm just feeling exhausted (and I'm not pregnant, so I can just imagine how you're feeling). *Sigh* Anyway - this is not supposed to be a vent about me....just a comment to say "I understand. I feel for you."

    And the hard boiled egg thing is hilarious. Especially since Kale has been demanding toast and peanut butter every night before bed. Our boys continue to be so similar :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of bottle do you use that you can interchange a sippy cap? I'm trying to break the bottle completely and I'm on day one.

    ReplyDelete