Saturday, June 23, 2012

First Day/Last Day

First day of summer vacation.


And I awoke at 6 a.m. Figures.


I wanted to share something Cole did the other day that was super sweet.
He took one of his little people, put it in a miniature sleeping bag (we have a Little People camper set) and placed it inside his shirt and said, "I put him on my Doo Doo" and said "Aaah" after he placed the little person underneath his shirt on the left side (where he always used to nurse). Then he walked around with the little toy person in his shirt and said proudly, "I have him on my Doo Doo."


Last day of day care.

Yesterday was Cole's last day at the day care he's been at since he was 3 months old. It was a bitter sweet goodbye. He waved to his friends and said, "Bye Friends!" before saying goodbye to each and every one of them. Then he said goodbye to the director (who he has become very attached to) and said, "Good bye Little Hands!" (the name of the day care). It was so sweet it brought tears to my eyes.
I gave the director a hug and Cole cheerfully left. 

Then on the ride home we were getting really close to home and Cole kept saying "We're home!" and I said, "Mama's home for the summer!" and he said, "Mama's home..for the summer?!" 


I think it will dawn on him next week just what that really means. 

No comments:

Post a Comment