Thursday, June 21, 2012

Currently Issue 3...or... 4

So I'm pretty late on last week's "Currently" issue. I'm going to link up with the most current link up but use a mixture of last week's and this week's themes. Hope you don't mind.

Mama
Working at ending this dang school year. I have three more days left. Every day I am spending every second grading and hoping I can grade everything in time for my report card deadline.

Obsessed with Grey's Anatomy Season 8. I've started to watch it on my Kindle and the iPad we are borrowing, but it is very difficult when one is trying to close out the school year and do last minute grading. My obsession is my reward at the end of a hard day - that is of course if I don't pass out first.

Craving pickles. I've been on a bit of a pickle buying spree recently. Each jar of pickles that I bought though just didn't meet my expectations. One was too spicy. The other just had a weird tangy after taste that just didn't seem quite right. And now I am on the hunt  -just don't tell my husband. I'm sure he doesn't want more pickle jars taking up precious space where his beer should be in our refrigerator.


Writing in my one sentence journal. Even though I've been a major journal slacker, I still try to keep up with it as much as I can (a bit more than this blog - sorry, dear readers.) My latest entry was from Father's Day. I'll share it with you:



On the way out of Shaft IIA (an old mining quarry that surrounds the beautiful Stony Kill Falls), Cole points to the cliffs on the Gertrude's Nose Trail (which, incidentally, is my absolute favorite trail) and says: 
"There's a mountain. We should go up there someday." 
That's my boy.

Laughing at this funny fact during our planning for our upcoming camping trip: Randalin'
partner, Kris, calls Keith, Cole, and I "The Americans." And since I can remember Keith calls Kris, Randalin and Kale The Canadians. We all had to stop to catch our breaths from laughing so much when we discovered this funny coincidence of names.

Cole
Working on his moves for the Car Wash Dance, a dance he learned about while watching his newest favorite show - The Fresh Beats Band. He is usually inspired to do this dance when he has a hose in his hands.

Obsessed with every part of Keith and I. He has taken to telling us, "I love your hair, Mama." or "Dada, I love your chin." Then he proceeds to touch and sometimes kiss the body part. He actually kissed my knee the other day and he even tried to kiss my foot, but I wouldn't let him.

Craving fruit. After dinner, he is more than satisfied with a fruity snack - be it apples, blueberries or strawberries. Sometimes he makes requests like melons, and is usually satisfied with a substitute if we don't have what he wants.

Writing his name. Of course he doesn't write it, write it. But he'll scribble something that is supposed to resemble his first name and middle name. The kid is so good with names he remembers his middle name!

Laughing at being tickled or mommy wearing a silly hat or playing a game of peek-a-boo. It doesn't take much to set him off into a fit of giggles.


2 comments:

  1. "I love your chin" = hilarious.

    I can't wait for this weekend when Cole and can show us how to do the Car Wash Dance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good pickle! There is a teacher at my school who makes homemade pickles and they are so amazing.

    ReplyDelete