Sunday, June 10, 2012

Currently Issue 2

Cole is...
reading books every single night. We have our afternoon and nightly ritual of books. We'll read one or two books after dinner. And we'll read another 3 or 4 books before sleep. His favorites are: Dandelion, Goodnight Moon, and Mommy's Little Boy. He can recite the first 3 pages of Goodnight Moon and he often quotes lines from Dandelion in appropriate situations. For instance, when he and Keith were leaving for Keith's father's house last Sunday, Cole wanted me to come. He said, "Come, Mama" and then a minute later, he said, "Come as you are" a line from the book.  Yes, my kid is making literary allusions and he's only 2.

loving the rocket ship. He will often cut dinner short so he can go inside the rocketship and shake the crap out of it.

eating whatever strikes his fancy. "I want an ice pop!" (instead of dinner) "Mango? I want mango!" (while we're driving home up the mountain.) His newest favorite snack is rice cakes. Because he can't have Doo Doo after school anymore, I give him a rice cake to snack on for the ride home. He munches on this thing the whole way home and absolutely loves it.


drinking lots and lots of whole cow milk. He's always had a lot of milk, but now he's having more than ever before. We went through a half gallon in a matter of days. Gramma Carolyn appropriately commented that we might need to get a pipeline installed directly into the house.


looking forward to "Mama home?" He is so happy for the weekends, because he knows I'll be home. He doesn't quite understand it yet, but I think he's getting the idea that pretty soon (only two weeks now) I'll be home for the.entire.summer. Score for Cole!












Mama is...


reading lots of non-fiction and lesson plans for non-fiction. This past week was horrible because it was the second to last full week of school and I still had not gotten my unannounced observation. Students had started to check out (metaphorically) and I was wondering how I was going to drag out this Omnivore's Dilemma unit so that my supervisor would see an awesome non-fiction lesson. I got my wish when on Friday she came to my 4th period class and observed one of the best lessons of the week. What did she see? She saw my students bring in their own processed food that they analyzed for corn-dervied ingredients. She saw them do this in groups and got to listen in on the conversations they had about the ingredients and the food they eat at home. 


loving my Kindle fire. I finally finished Season 7 of Grey's. And in the last episode, I saw the most amazing thing - an Ergo carrier prominently worn by two major characters. One by a baby-wearing daddy, and another by a new adoptive mama.


eating fresh, organic veggies and fruit from our CSA, which finally started this past week. We've really been making an effort to eat more local food. We've been going to the farmer's market for about 3 weeks in a row. And while we're there, we also stop by the butcher that sells grass fed meat, poultry, and eggs.


drinking lots and lots of seltzer. At some point this summer, but not now, I'll explain this one.


looking forward to two weeks from now. Two weeks from now will be my first true summer weekend. It is on that weekend that I will have absolutely NO homework. And I will be having a 
fun time camping with some very special blogger friends. 




Thank you to Randalin and Wendy for creating this awesome link up and inspiring me to write.

1 comment:

  1. I love that Cole is quoting lines from books. What a smart guy!

    I'm going to officially pressure you to catch up on Grey's before our camping trip since no one I know watches it and I never have anyone to gab with about it!

    ReplyDelete