Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Wear 'em Wednesday: Wrapping her up

I'm linking up with the fashionable Mommy Panda for a babywearing link up party. Super excited to do this weekly, since babywearing has been a way of life lately....

Babywearing is such a part of our lives, it has become like a houseguest who never intends on leaving. It's exciting at first, but then it starts to become a pain. In the end, you know you're helping someone out and you're benefitting too, but it's hard to see in the thick of things.

With a second child it's essential and with our little girl it has become necessary. The only way she likes to sleep is close to one of us. And since we can't sleep with her all day in our bed (wouldn't that be nice?), we have to wear her. I have many different styles of carriers and I usually wear what I think will put her to 


 sleep the fastest. (We're still working on getting her comfortable with being worn while she is awake). Tonight for instance I tried a soft structured carrier and a ring sling and she screamed and carried on in both before I put her in this wrap. Within a minute she was asleep. I can't tell you how proud I am of myself for tackling the challenging task of wearing a wrap with a crying baby and an energetic toddler. It's taken much practice over the past few months but I found two holds I am comfortable doing and knowing them well enough to wrap her up while she's hysterical has been crucial to our sanity. 

Cole's perspective:



 

1 comment: