Saturday, May 25, 2013

Speaking of babywearing

Wednesday, I joined a new babywearing link up and talked about how much babywearing is essential in our house.

On Thursday, Keith and I decided to divide and conquer, and babywearing enabled Bevin and I to have a really special morning & afternoon together. Before heading out to an appointment, I wore her and blogged while standing at our half wall (because there is no sitting for too long when babywearing this baby) then went to an appointment in which everyone fawned over her beauty. Bevin was even caught talking/growling at a hydrangea plant. It was too funny! Afterwards, we screamed our way to Panera in Kingston (because no day would be complete without some screaming). It was there she sat blissfully in my Wrapsody wrap chewing her fingers while I ate standing up. Then she sucked on her thumb while I browned Barnes & Noble for a graduation gift for my cousin, Kim. Then we got back to the car where she nursed until she passed out.




And while this was happening Cole was having an equally exciting day with his Daddy. But here's the funny part. It was such an awesome day that he forbade Keith from telling me the details. Of course, Keith told me later, but it seems that Cole wanted to keep that special day all to himself.  But because I'm dedicated to recording good memories, here's the cliffs notes version of what they did together:
-Dunkin Donuts on the ride there, which caused Cole to ask "Are we there yet?" for the next 30 minutes.
-Fixed Gramma's ride on lawn mower together
-Mowed part of Gramma's lawn together
-Fun on the swings and other playground equipment at an apparently awesome park in Hopewell Junction
-Lunch with Gramma
-Nap on the ride home




1 comment:

  1. Babywearing is the beeeeest! Sitting down while doing it can be challenging though. I end up looking not-so-lady-like with my legs spread wiiiiide open so The Bean is fooled and doesn't feel like he's sitting. Muahahaha.

    ReplyDelete