Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Currently it's just me surviving on toilet paper rolls and baby smiles

Mama is currently 

Learning how to let go when it comes to Cole's relationship with Bevin. Cole loves to touch her and talk to her and soothe her. Usually he goes overboard and I have to step in. And then he feels bad. But sometimes he doesn't go overboard and I'm worried he's getting there so I preemptively step in and he gets upset. Tonight I said nothing and this happened: 


I have to do more of saying nothing. 

Working on creating a routine. I am big on routines. I feel like structure helps Cole feel safe and happy and he listens more when he knows what to expect.

Gathering extra things that might otherwise go in the garbage. Toilet paper rolls, paper towel rolls, scraps of construction paper, ribbons from presents etc. I recently figured out how to use Pinterest on my iPhone so I've been using it to create some cool projects with Cole. So far we've made: a castle from a cardboard box (formerly the home of 12 bottles of beer), a rocket ship using a paper towel roll, an envelope from wrapping paper used to wrap a gift for Cole.



Giving Bevin her nightly bath and loving her excitement just before it happens. 

Playing whatever the heck we want to outside, playing blocks inside, playing music I like when I get the chance to be alone in the car. 







No comments:

Post a Comment