Sunday, January 6, 2013

Tomorrow: Turning the Baby Around

Early tomorrow morning we are headed to the birth center where my Ob will perform an External Cephalic Version and hopefully (with many positive vibes from myself and all of you) will turn this baby around. Today we had a fun visit from friends, Allison, Shawn and Juni, and yesterday a nice visit from Papa Joe. We were reminded of the important things in life: family, friends, hugs, and laughter. We experienced all of that this weekend. It was a good foundation for me to have going into a procedure that's not going to go easy on my irritable uterus. And it was punctuated by a thoughtful phone call from our day care provider who just wanted to wish me luck and let me know her thoughts are with us.

I have my bag packed Just In Case, because as with any medical procedure there are risks, but the midwife who has worked with this doctor for years says he has skilled hands. I am putting my faith and trust in him.

My other fear/worry is that she will flip back around, but I have to think positively that once head down, she'll stay there.

So friends, be thinking of us tomorrow.

Head down, baby girl, turn around!

And stay there until you're ready to make your grand entrance. I promise I won't rush you.

(And hopefully the high risk doctor on Wednesday won't either.)


1 comment:

  1. Prayers are with you tomorrow. Sorry I'm so far away or I'd stop by to hug you too

    ReplyDelete