Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Deadlines

In order to get my grades done in time, I spent the better part of Veterans Day grading. Cole got a booster shot and then he spent 4 hours at day care while I graded at a local coffee shop. Of course I felt bad sending him there when I technically had the day off, but it's work and I had a deadline to meet.
It's my job to get it done. When you hear someone comment that teachers have it easy, please set them straight.
Then I spent all of Sunday grading while Keith took care of Cole. Grades were due today at noon. Yesterday when I finished my grades, I breathed a sigh of relief.
This weekend we'll be going to visit my father and grandmother. I'm excited for a weekend in which all the pressure is off and I can just enjoy being with my husband and son. I am also excited for my grandmother to meet Cole. I think he is too squirmy for her to hold him ( we call him "squirmy worm") but hopefully we can get him close enough where he doesn't try to pull in her face or ear her chin - yes he seriously does these things!

Then on Sunday Cole will get to see grandma Carolyn again! She's coming for lunch and an outing to the annual pickle festival. Pickles are my favorite snack, so this is going to be a yummy experience.
Sent from my iPhone

1 comment: