Monday, November 15, 2010

It's officially official... He's on solids

So I know that rice cereal counts as a solid, but in my mind it's hard to come to terms with that when we give it to him solely in a bottle. That being said we started him this weekend on "real" (or what I would call real) solids. I know it's still kind of early, but since he started the rice cereal a month ago, I figured this was right on time. I also think he's ready. He takes food off our plates constantly and is interested in every beverage we drink. So Keith fed him pureed bananas with his finger Saturday evening. Cole squinted his eyes and wrinkled his nose at the first taste, but then ate a few more fingertipfulls as he got used to it. Sunday night I fed him with the same technique and he was ready and waiting. He did not wrinkle his nose and sucked my finger as if to say he liked it. He opened his mouth for more and even licked his lips after I finished feeding him.

All in all, a success.

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment: