Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Today || Volume 6

Yesterday Bevin put Cole's sunglasses on, walked around the backyard, especially close to Cole and smiled so sweetly with her upper body slightly bent down and her head up (probably to keep the large sunglasses on her face). After she was done, she took the sunglasses off and tried to wipe them off with the bottom of her shirt. This is something I do all.the.time. It was so weird seeing my actions mimicked so closely by her. 

Today Bevin went on a buggy ride at her daycare and pet a neighborhood cat. She also pet the heck out of Hazel, the resident bunny at her daycare. Bevin is an animal lover through and through. Yesterday she wanted to kiss the web of a funnel web spider that has taken up residence in our compost bin. 

Today Bevin waited for me to follow her into the living room so we could say goodbye to daddy together. I didn't realize how important this ritual is to the kids until I didn't run to the window like I usually did. But it helps her because instead of yelling "dada!!" at the office door she points her head in the direction of our front door. 

No comments:

Post a Comment