Saturday, September 27, 2014

Today

Today Cole told me he can use his construction goggles as night vision goggles. But then when he tried to look for the missing cat toy under the couch using the goggles he came up looking seriously disappointed. "Mama it doesn't work. I think the batteries are dead."

On our way back from a hot- so therefore strenuous- hike at Poet's Walk in the blazing afternoon sun, Cole said "mama I don't have much gas left. I only have 5 gallons." A few minutes later he only had one gallon. Fortunately, we walked underneath some shade where he felt he could fuel up. 

Today Cole caught frog after frog after frog. Each time he caught one he proudly showed me and several times if I didn't take it to hold it or look at it, he would throw it back in the pond. During our hike he told me that he's more interested in frogs now and that he is pretty much over butterflies. 

Yesterday Bevin said turtle and kissed the fake but realistic turtle that we got from the Cape Cod Museum of Natural History. 

Today she practiced stepping off the little bridge that crosses over the pond at Willow Kiln park. She went off each end multiple times and each time she got better and better at keeping her balance as she made her "landing." After I clapped for her a few times she started clapping for herself. You could see the pride in her eyes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment