Thursday, February 21, 2013

Currently we're growing strong because we eat ALL our dinner

Cole and Bevin are both growing like weeds. I am finally able to pick the little guy up again and it's like I'm carrying dead weight. Four weeks and it feels like he's gained another 5 lbs. Bevin fits into all of her newborn clothes. We can see little rolls in her thighs and arms and she is now sporting a double chin. I love the idea that my babies have grown because of milk my body made.

Around these parts Mama is currently...
Taking advantage of my baby carriers and whenever she falls asleep while I'm wearing her Cole and I have some quality time together or I try to get something small done around the house.
The other day she took a 3.5 hr nap in the Boba and SuperDadoa and I sorted through Cole's clothes and put away clothes that don't fit him. We finally broke out some 3T clothes!

Giving pumping a really concerted effort. I want to have a good store of milk for emergencies and night feeding. Last night for instance Bevin was too worked up from uncontrollable crying to nurse, so SuperDada gave her a bottle and she promptly passed out.

Teaching myself patience. Going back to the nightly routine with Cole while trying to please a hungry/tired infant is no easy feat.

Learning that my son is more resilient than me. He accepts and understands the presence of a new person in the house while I'm still coping with the fact that I now have two children. SuperDada likens it to joining an even more exclusive parenting "club" because its such a different experience than having one.

Looking at my daughter and still feeling bewildered that my body created her. Life is such a miracle sometimes.

Cole is currently ...
Learning how to fall asleep on his own. I never thought the time would come this soon. Even though circumstances forced it to it still feels like a natural progression of Toddlerhood.

Looking at Bevin's belly during diaper changes. This interest started when I explained to him about the umbilical cord. Ever since then he wants to see her belly whenever I lay her down for a change. He'll stand up on my bed and shout "let me see her beyyey!!" ( he's still working on those "L's"

Taking the high road at bedtime. If I can't finish a story because Bevin is crying he doesn't pitch a fit. He whines, but he seems to understand.

Teaching me patience and the power of forgiveness. Children don't hold grudges and they hold nothing against you. They may have very little patience but they make you realize how much you must have in order to maintain sanity.



Let me see! Let me see! (our recent trip to the Ashokan Resevoir)


All smiles and coos


Trains in the garage


Going so fast!


My how she's grown!








HK

3 comments:

  1. So glad he is falling asleep on his own. What a blessing. These photos are amazing. Especially the one with Cole on his bike on that long deserted road and the one of you guys looking at the mountain. Where are these taken?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad he is falling asleep on his own. What a blessing. These photos are amazing. Especially the one with Cole on his bike on that long deserted road and the one of you guys looking at the mountain. Where are these taken?

    ReplyDelete