Thursday, July 19, 2012

Me, Myself, and the rest of them

I'm trying to broaden my horizons and participate in blog link ups that I think are fun and might possibly bring me to new blogs. 


This latest one I found on Randalin's blog. I liked the idea of polling all of my family members (I can speak for Cole, of course) and answering some interesting questions. I also liked the idea of sharing a little bit more about myself. My about page is brief and just gives a quick overview of me and this here blog. Because I'm a teacher, I try not to share too much personal information. But I'm trying to loosen up a bit!


Here they are..


What's your biggest phobia? 
Dada - I guess I'm scared of not having fun and being happy,  if that qualifies as a phobia.

Mama - I'm scared of ticks. The moment my sandaled or barefoot feet hits the grass I check my legs. Five minutes later, I check them again. And repeat. It doesn't help that the county I live in has the highest instance of lyme disease in the nation and that I've gotten lyme disease twice in two years.
Cole - sleep. I'm scared of what exciting thing will happen when I'm sleeping. So I don't like to fall asleep.

If you could choose to relive any day of your life what would it be? 
Dada - Any day outside in nature with my family. preferably with snow involved. and maybe snowboards.
Mama- I would choose our wedding day. It was definitely the most amazing thing - to have all of our beloved family and friends in one place. The only thing that could've made it better was if Cole was there. Now I can see why some people wait until AFTER they have children to get married. Who better than to help you celebrate your union.
Cole - The day I went up the ski lift with my Dada.

If you could choose to stay a certain age forever what would it be? 
Dada - 25, because I was in shape back then.
Mama - 35. I've been saying to myself lately that I love this age and don't want to get any older. But that probably has more to do with my realization that I am mortal and sickeningly close to 40 - HOLY CRAP!
Cole - 2. Let's have an adventure!

What celebrity do you get mistaken for ? 
Dada -none
Mama - Once someone said I looked like Mariah Carey from the side angle. But this was back when she let her beautiful curls flow naturally.
Cole - The Gerber baby

What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life?
Dada  -anything by the red hot chilli peppers. 
Mama - Girls just wanna have fun by Cyndi Lauper
Vision of Love by Mariah Carey (don't laugh - she was really awesome when she first hit it big)
You are my sunshine by Elizabeth Mitchell
Cole: 
Reach for the stars by Fresh Beats
I had a great day by Fresh Beats
Twinkle Twinkle by Jewel







2 comments:

  1. Have I ever told you my Cyndi Lauper story? Remind me someday if I haven't.

    Love that you did this for all three of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the twist that you took on this! It's fun to hear what others in your family would say about this. Just found your blog and have loved getting to know you better. I look forward to following along!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete