Thursday, July 12, 2012

Currently...

Mama and Cole
Cole is ..
missing our Canadian friends. We're going on our second camping trip of the season and he thinks we're going with Kale, Randalin, and Kris, despite my best efforts to explain to him that we are in fact, not. I've promised him that we will Skype with them, so hopefully the Canadians are up for another dose of crazy Cole over the internet!

dreaming about what television show he's going to watch when he wakes up. "I was thinking I'd watch a movie," he tells me when he first wakes up. "You just need to turn on the television," he says as he hands me the remote control. It's that simple, is it Cole?

loving our new pop up camper. We've only had it two nights and we've spent probably over an hour in it. He jumps, he climbs, he lays down, he looks out the window, he plays. It's the most awesome thing ever to happen to our side yard.

laughing at videos of himself. Whether he's watching himself and Kale dancing during our camping trip, or himself singing the ABC's in the tub naked, he loves "to see Cole."

wishing he could dance and sing to the Fresh Beat Band all day long. He doesn't know it yet, but we bought him tickets to see them at SPAC in September. He's going to lose his marbles completely when he sees them live.


Mama is...

missing reading. I am so obsessed with finishing the last season of Grey's Anatomy (only 2.5 more episodes left!) that I have neglected my summer reading. It's not like I have a ton of time now that we have a child, but I at least finished one book last summer. I bet I could at least read two this summer if I could just say goodbye to the most amazingly real characters on television.

dreaming of making my favorite recipe for bread and butter pickles. I thought I lost the recipe, but I just found it, so next week, I'm all over it. Keith made some pickles, and they are good, but they pale in comparison to this recipe.

loving the fact that my inservice is over. I spent 3.5 days sitting in a windowless board room this week learning a ton about American history, American literature, literary and language analysis, but still missing my summer. Of course the inservice had to happen during the most beautiful week of the summer. But alas, it's over. Now I can have my (summer) life back.

laughing at the things Cole says. He recently has taken up asking us questions, "Dada, can you get me bubbles at Rite Aid?" and adding in the word "not" when he wants to do just the opposite of what I want him to do. The other night I said to him, "I think it's time for a bath." His response? "I think not."

wishing summer lasted forever. I hated wishing this week would just end so I could be home with Keith and Cole, because at the same time, I was wishing a week of my summer away!

 Check out the amazing ladies who host this awesome link up!
Harvesting Kale

2 comments:

  1. OMG - Cole is totally going to go crazy when he sees Fresh Beat Band. Make sure you record his reaction!!! Of course we're totally up for a Skype date :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I tell my son "I think it's time to take a bath" he will say, "No, it's time for you to take a bath!" lol. Kids are funny. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete